Friday 9 November 2012

my favorite time of the year..!

Hello friends..!!
The season of festivities is already here..!
DIWALI...!! I cant find the right words to express how jubilant i feel around this time of the year....I guess, the least i can say is that this season makes me feel alive..!
I live in Delhi and this time of the year is THE TIME TO BE IN DELHI...!Whichever way you look, there will be lights and hustle bustle....not to mention the heavy traffic jams on almost all the roads around here at all times of the day...(but today I wont like to talk about that.....You see, m happy today..!!) All the markets are decorated and lights are put everywhere...!
So, m also trying to fully exploit this festive season....and so much is happening around me...
Most of the day passes by in a jiffy....This is going to be our first diwali in our new home...and we are going all out in a bid to decorate our house with all our hearts ..! We usually start the day by choosing one part of the house and trying to make it look as shiny as new..! Every other day, me and mom go out for some diwali shopping which have so far included bed linen,  kitchen ware, crockery, and the diwali decoratives..!
We also try to squeeze in frequent visits to our maasis and mamas.. and some uncles and aunties..!
Me, being a food 'live-r'..try to find some time to have a hand at cooking something or the other....So, recently i made some egg bhurji...with some simple flavours and two of my favorite ingredients- black pepper powder and coriander leaves..!
I also made a chocolate cake...after much permutation and combination of the ingredients as well as the method of cooking...! What i mean is , my oven broke down...so, i tried to make a cake this time in a pressure cooker..!!Well, in all honesty, it wasnt as good as one made in oven...but nevertheless, it tasted just fine...!!
So, here are a few pics of the food that I enjoyed....


egg bhurji..!



my yoghurt chocolate cake..!






I hope you liked my pics...!!
Do leave comments on your views...
Till next time...
Cheers..!

4 comments:

  1. yummmmmmmm chocolate cake and d egg bhurji is luking bery nice !! make me one someday
    n i wud like to see how u decorated ur new place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm...i wud love if u cud eat my food..!!n m sooo missin u dost...!!come soon..!

      Delete
  2. Irresistible the chocolate cake looks so tasty! :) N I love egg bhurji just too much. :)Thanks, for the lovely read dear! Wishing you a very Happy Diwali :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u so much tanya..!dis means a lot to me...
      A super happy n fun diwali to u too..!

      Delete

Thank you for your time.. your words are appreciated...!