Tuesday 4 December 2012

the movie magic...!

Hi friends...!
As they say, in India there are only two things that drive people crazy - cinema and cricket..!!
And I proudly belong to the former...!
I dont know if this is something to be proud about or is plain unfortunate that I do not know anybody in my life who loves and 'lives' the movies as myself... I hope I find someone with the same enthusiasm soon.
I would like to confess though that I can not enjoy those dhishum dhishum kind of flicks.. apart from that there is really nothing that I wouldn't agree to watch...! And I guess I am really proud to admit that there are hardly any movies that I have seen and haven't liked...!
My observation is that when people watch a movie, they have some pre-conceived notions or expectations about it such as how the story line should be, how much romance should be there , what kind of humour would there be.... And as we all know, in life there is one thumb rule- expectations breed disappointments. So my funda is that whenever I am going for the movies, I keep my head absolutely blank and i look forward to being surprised..with an open mind and heart...!!
In every movie, if you have the eye for it , you will definitely find something which would inspire you, give you a new idea or make you smile...! Movies are like Alladin's magic carpet which take you to a fantasy world, to the places where you have never been and probably would never even go and makes you experience those feelings which you may not have felt uptil now.
One such example is 'AIYYA' -  a hindi movie released in 2012, starring Rani Mukerji and Prithviraj.
I am sure many of my friends will raise their eyebrows if i tell them that i loved the movie..! I agree that there were a lot of moments when I felt like fast-forwarding the movie, but there was definitely no dearth of happy and fun moments..! It was filled with the little joys that a simple marathi girl experiences when she sees the man of her dreams...! And in the end, everyone goes home happy and she finds the love of her life and her life partner in the man of her dreams, which is actually one of the many rare occurences in real life...!!

So I say, you have to have the eye of an observer , a dreamer and an optimist...!

I hope one day all of you would love the movies as much as I do...
I hope you find your passion if you haven't yet....

And I am yet to find a person who shares my passion for the movies ......!!
Are you that person...??? Would you like to be that person...!?!

:)

P.S: Here are a few pics of the Vanilla Custard cake and south-indian style lunch that I made recently .... Enjoy..!!


vanilla custard cake with chocolate sauce...!




south indian meal- yumm...!




Stay happy people...!!
Till next time..... :)

8 comments:

  1. wen am coming next ...only u r cookin fr me dost..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe...!!pakka dost...if v can take out time for dat...!

      Delete
  2. Nice post yar...your red gravy behind south indian meal looks stunning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot.. :) and that is a potato curry made south indian style..!

      Delete
  3. Nice post. even I love movies, and yea... food. I am definitely hungry now...

    Cheers!

    Himanshu Nagpal | Being Traveler

    Being Traveler

    ReplyDelete
  4. its good dost.. m proud of u.. matlab serius wala..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u dost....u kno it means a lot to me..... :)

      Delete

Thank you for your time.. your words are appreciated...!