Tuesday 24 June 2014

My birthday - The tradition and going Out of The Box !


Hi Guys..!
I hope everyone is doing great and surviving the scorching heat if you are anywhere in North India. God bless us all and here's hoping that we gather the means and the strength to survive this ever worsening heat wave that we as Indians have to bear each year.

Some 20 days back, I celebrated my special day! Errrr...do not get any ideas, it was my birthday and that is as special as it gets for me! I have a tradition of meeting my best friends (read: soulmates) and try to dress in something that I would not usually wear. For example, once I wore a red pajama with a white T shirt and a boho jhola bag with kolhapuri chappals. Another time, I wore a mid-calf length black boho skirt. And this time around I chose to wear a blue based printed pants with a black cami and a blue denim jacket. I teamed it with a boho sling bag and once again, my all time favourite kolhapuri chappals..! So, as you can notice, the only thing that has not changed about me over the years is my love for kolhapuris and 'boho' and my eternal love for food. This time around, me along with my besties went to Hauz Khas village. Keeping in mind the taste palates of everyone (vegetarians/ non vegetarians), we decided to go to OUT OF THE BOX.

This joint is located in the main market area and is easily locatable as you enter the hub. We went to the second floor seating area and ordered some drinks - The ever essential Frappe, a lemon Iced tea and a Cranberry Iced tea. After a hearty chit chat and a photo session, it was time for food. We ordered a vegetarian pasta in white sauce, a chicken pasta in red sauce, some chilly chicken along with mushroom and spinach dimsums...!

Overall, the food was good. But I would say there was room for improvement. For example, the vegetarian pasta was a little bland (forgot-to-put-salt bland!). The dimsums were good, with a special mention of the 4 types of sauces they served with it. One of them was a garlicky black bean sauce which was my favourite of them all along with different kinds of chilly sauces and some soy to go with it. The chilly chicken was also normal but good. The best part for me was the pasta in red sauce. Really creamy and yum...

I would also mention here that I loved the decor and the whole ambiance of the place. The lighting was just right for a hot summer Delhi day (and also perfect for clicking pictures..!). All in all, I would recommend this place to everyone. You can have a good time there with a bunch of friends on a hot summer day, or heck, any other day..!

Here are some pictures of food from that day. I hope you guys like them..Take a look...



The awesomely refreshing drinks..



The mushroom and spinach dimsums with 4 kinds of sauces




The vegetarian pasta in white sauce..



Beautiful chilly chicken...




The pasta in red sauce..



And here is what I wore on my birthday... I hope you like it too.



Me... Me... Me...!!


I hope you enjoyed the post. Do let me know in case you have any suggestions.

Till next time...
Cheers..!

2 comments:

  1. so nice to recollect all of those moments again!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)...yes. Thanx to you guys I had another memorable birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time.. your words are appreciated...!