Monday 7 July 2014

'Raas' - At the Hauz Khas Village!

Hi people!! As always, I hope and wish everyone reading this is in the best of health and spirits.

Thankfully, the weather here in Delhi has been improving compared to the last few days. The temperature has definitely come down and there is an occasional rain, just enough to put us all in good moods!

So, just like me, if you have been a frequent visitor to the Hauz Khas village, you would know that this weather is great to enjoy the lovely array of choices that this place has to offer in terms of food and the beauty that the fort becomes once the clouds decide to hover. Being a smart foodie, I decided to cash in on the mercy of the weather Gods and went to the village with a friend.

Since, my friend is a non vegetarian like me but prefers Indian food much more than any other cuisine, we zeroed in on RAAS. This is an Indian and Pakistani cuisine restaurant located on the right side as you enter the village.

The music was Indian and Pakistani soft music, with songs ranging from Kailash Kher, Ghulam Ali to some nice Pakistani bands. The ambiance was also good and soothing. One of the best parts about the restaurant was the view. Through the big glass wall, you could see the Hauz Khas fort. Since the weather was beautiful, we enjoyed the view of trees dancing with the breeze, kids playing in the garden and birds flocking the skies. It would be best to say that my words cannot do justice to how peaceful and beautiful the surroundings were with the melodious Hindi music in the background.

Coming on to the food, the choices were mouthwatering. Everything sounded and read so delicious that I had to handover the menu to my friend since I could not decide what all to order. We ordered a few drinks and Galouti Kebab to go with them. Galouti Kebab is a kebab which is made with minced lamb which is oh so delicately spiced served on a parantha with sides of Onion rings with green mint chutney, red chilli - yoghurt chutney and a dhania and chilli chutney. The combination, trust me was to die for! The kebab was melt-in-your-mouth delicate and flavorful. The spices were so perfectly added that you could get the flavour of the lamb with each bite to make you go 'yummm'. After that, we ordered Lahsuni Murg Tikka, which as the name suggests had lots of garlic flavour. Once again, I would like to point out that garlic was not overpowering and you could taste the chicken beautifully. The chicken was perfectly cooked. The portion size was good. Since, this was a post lunch meal and the weather was getting more and more enticing, we decided to move out and enjoy the rest of our day at the fort.

Now comes the catch. Unfortunately, I had forgotten my camera and my phone at home. So could not click any food pics. However, here are a few pictures at the fort. I hope you like them.











That is me...



All in all, the restaurant is really good and serves mouth watering Indian and Pakistani food. I would recommend this place to all my fellow foodies. I hope you guys have as much a good time as me.


P.S: I hope my words did justice enough to compensate the absence of any food pics!


Till next time...cheers..!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time.. your words are appreciated...!